Gift Guide: For the Night Runner
1. Teal Reflective Laces: Laced Up, $5
I don't know about you, but I think shoelaces are a nice stocking stuffer. These have some reflective pic stitching, which makes them perfect for night running!
2. Nathan Shoe Pocket: Dick's Sporting Goods, $7.99
This has a double function. It's a perfect place to keep your keys, credit card, or a little bit of cash. The second function? You guessed it. It's reflective!
3. Nightlife Reflectives Vest II: Brooks Running, $20
This is a great item for year-round night or early-morning running. You can just slip it over whatever else you're wearing. It's a classic.
4. Supernova Racer Bra: Adidas, $40
It's not really reflective, but it is neon, and it's pretty cool with the criss-cross in the back. Probably not a good gift for the men on your list.
5. Nike Allover Flash: Nike, $500
Ok, so maybe this is a little expensive for anyone on your gift list. But how cool is it? This jacket is made of completely reflective fabric. There's no way you're getting hit by a car in this thing. Here's hoping it goes on sale.
6. Petzl Tikka 2 LED Headlamp: REI, $29.95
This is excellent because it helps you see and be seen.
7. Brite Buds - Reflective Cord Stereo Earbuds: Amazon, $23.29
You're listening to music anyway. Why not have an extra element of safety while you're cruising down the street?
8. Reflective Nylon Fastwrap Watch: Target, $19.99
If you're one of those runners like I am who sometimes can't wait for it to end, this might be a good gift for you. Stay safe and track your time with this reflective-band watch.
9. Nathan 3m Reflective Tape: REI, $10.00
The day I bought my running shoes, I had just gotten caught in the freezing rain. As such, I bought the only shoes Paragon Sports had that had a little gore tex in them. But they're black. I'm considering adding a bit of this tape so I don't feel quite so stealthy in the dark.
10. Women's Lite-Show Tight: Asics, $65.00
I think tights are the warmest for running, and I alwas buy black. However, these are really nice ones because they have a lot of reflective detailing. They also come in a men's version.
Happy Shopping (and running)!