Saturday, February 22, 2014
Spinster Food: Sweet Carrots
Today's Spinster Food is sweet carrots. With as much as I like carrots, you'd think I'd have better eyesight. Somehow, though, they've only left me with fairly long front teeth.
Now, onto the recipe.
What you'll need:
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- dash salt
-pepper, to taste
What to do:
1. Mix all the ingredients but the carrots
2. In a medium saucepan, mix all the ingredients together
3. Heat uncovered until boiling
4. Reduce to medium heat and heat, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are desired firmness.
5. Remove from heat and serve with a slotted spoon.
6. Enjoy alone or with a balanced meal. Results will be better in front of Netflix.