Spinster Shopping: Holo There!
One of the things I've been noticing as I follow both of these young ladies along with other trend forecasting, pinterest, and a few terrifying tumblr (for example, this one) accounts the trend forecasting websites have suggested to me, is that the 90s are back in a huge way. "Duh," you might say. And you'd be right. I've seen the Doc Martens, the overalls, the crop tops, and the sort of flowy/saggy button front floral dresses a la Elaine Benes. I'm sad to say, however, I was not prepared for what I saw last week. And it was this: smiley faces, neon rainbows, alien heads, and holographic clothing. In short, my childhood.
But I ask you this, friends: Who among us did not have at least an iridescent pencil? Who among us did not have that folder for our very important fourth grade homework?
So, in honor of holograms, holographs, and iridescence being revived by those younger and cooler than I am, today I've put together a list. Below you'll find links for all the lovely finds in the collage above!
1. Meta Skirt: $67.80, Dolls Kill
2. ASOS Dockland Sneakers: $38.69, Asos
3. Hologram Iphone 5 Case: $32.00, Nasty Gal
4. Kate Spade new York Small Square Stud Earrings: $38, Shopbop
5. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn x UO Mini Remy Tech Crossbody Bag, $19.99, Urban Outfitters
6. Hologram Nail Polish: $10, Urban Outfitters
7. French Connection Tamara Irridescent Flat Sandals: $48.99, Saks Off 5th
8. Holographic Earrings by 416 AM: $26.28, 416AM on Etsy
9. Metallic Clutch: $66.99, Need Supply Co.
10. Gammaray Pack: $98, Dolls Kill
Happy shopping all of you! First one to buy and wear something iridescent, holographic, or hologram is officially cooler than I am!