Gift Guide: For The Chef
1. 25-Year Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar: $29.95, Williams Sonoma
I've often said I could drink Balsamic Vinegar, and that's just the cheap kind. Imagine how good this stuff is!
2. Foodie Garden - Basil-o-holid: $19.99, Mental Floss Store
What's better than your own fresh basil? Get the freshest basil possible from your very own plant.
3. Batter Bowl with Lid: $14.95, Crate and Barrel
These are super great if you have something that makes several batches. Keep the batter in the fridge until you're ready for the next batch.
4. 4-Cheese Condiment Set: $17.80, Eataly
Though this isn't exactly an ingredient, it is great for a party tray.
5. Spiceologist Smokey Honey Habanero Rub: $12, Sur La Table
I don't think this level of heat is for the faint of heart, but it sure does sound good.
6. The Portlandia Cookbook: $18.95, Walmart
For the cook who's also into comedy.
7. OXO 3 in 1 Avocado Tool: $9.95, Crate and Barrel
For that friend of your who likes to make their own guacamole...or just put avocado on everything.
8. Maggi: $14.99, Amazon
This is one of the key ingredients in making your own Banh Mi, but I hear it's great for a lot of other things, too!
9. Basil Pesto: $14, Dean &Deluca
Imagine tomato mozzarella sandwiches with this spread on come ciabatta. Delish.
10. Ceramic Whale Butter Dish: $68, Jonathan Adler
You don't have to be a chef to love a cute butter dish. In fact, you can just be an avid carboholic...or dairy fan, for that matter.
11. Potlatch Seasoning: $10.95, Williams-Sonoma
This isn't just for fish like the packaging suggests. It's a great spice that helps lots of different dishes. And it comes in this nice tin!
Here's Hoping whoever receives these gifts invites you to dinner.