Weekend Recap and New Items on Etsy!
My first outdoor art festival is finished! It was hot and sweaty, but over all it was fun. I gave out about 75% of the 250 business cards I brought, so we'll see if I start painting all the portraits sometime soon.
In the meantime, I've added a few new things to my Etsy store. Above you can see a preview, but I'll be adding more throughout the week, so check back! You may also notice I've changed the name of my shop from "The Spinster Store" to "Sarah J. Jones Art." It seems more appropriate if I'm going to be posting my artwork there instead of spinster-themed goods.
Now, if you missed the festival this weekend, and you live in the Atlanta Area, you're in luck! I'm going to list a bunch of other festivals below that you can attend. I may not be an exhibitor (I'll let you know here if I am), but they're always fun to attend. I'm not sure if this list is absolutely complete, but it'll give you some ideas...
Upcoming Atlanta Festivals:
- Virginia-Highland Summerfest: June 4-5
- Old Fourth Ward Arts Festival: June 25-26
- Piedmont Park Arts Festival: August 13-14
- Grant Park Summer Shade Festival: August 27-28
- Fall Fest in Candler Park: October 1-2
- Artisphere (Greenville, SC): May 13-15
- Piccolo Spoleto (Charleston, SC): May 27-June12
- Hilton head Art Festival (Hilton Head, SC): May 28-29
- Art Festival at Brookgreen Garden (Murrells Inlet, SC): June4-5
- Art in the Park Myrtle Beach: June 11-12
- Atalaya Arts and Crafts Festival (Murrells Inlet, SC): September 23-25
One last note: I was sandwiched between two awesome artists' booths, and you should check them out! Silas Reynolds and his lovely wife were to my right. You can check out his work on Facebook. I'm hoping to do a trade with him soon. I love his dots. Fred Wise and his wife Jamie (I don't know if I spelled that right) were to my left. They have some very cool watercolors and a few larger pieces, too. Check out the Gallery Section on Fred's website. He has a lot of work, and I didn't even think to ask if we could trade. Sigh...next time.