Spinster Food: Goat Cheese & Honey Toast
The name of this post really says all you need to know. In my advanced years, I've started to get a little fancy with some of my foods. While it doesn't take much to imagine what I'm going to tell you about, you may heighten your toast experience by using my methodology. So, here we go.
How to make the best goat cheese and honey toast:
- Dave's Good Seed Bread
- Goat Cheese (I used Aldi Goat Cheese with Honey...I know. Redundant!)
- Honey (I used Savannah Bee Company Black Sage Honey)
1. Toast your bread. I use a toaster oven and like to turn my toast over halfway through just so it's even.
2. Take your toast out and top with a generous amount of goat cheese. Since goat cheese is crumbly, I don't try to spread it just yet.
3. Put the toast back in the toaster oven to let the cheese melt/soften. I usually turn the toaster oven back on for a little while for this part.
4. Remove the toast and spread the cheese.
5. Drizzle with honey.
I think this could also be great with some really good blackberry jam. If you don't like straight up goat, I say try feta. If you don't like feta, try another spreadable cheese (Boursin, Laughing Cow, etc). I think you will be delighted.